Handing Off A Legacy

Olivia Czarniecki, Staff

There’s no question about it that the senior class are the most anxious to win the legacy of the spirit stick. Every year the school comes together for the biggest game of the year against rival Moore High School. The Moore War pep assembly has many traditions but the favorite one is the spirit stick. Each class screams and shouts for the chance to win and be crowned as the most spirited class. There are appointed judges tallying participation and volume. At the conclusion of the assembly the winner is announced by STUCO.

The senior class took home the spirit stick this year at the Moore War assembly . The tradition brings rallys school spirit and encourages more students to participate in assemblies at the school. The spirit stick tradition keeps the school motivated and hyped.  “The spirit stick is what I look forward to when going to assemblies and since I’m a senior it feels extra special and important to try and win it because it’s a special memory to win something you’re senior year and this year we won!” senior Carlos R. said.

Overall this very special tradition that Westmoore holds promotes school spirit and allows each class to work for something together. Without the spirit stick Westmoore assemblies would not be the same.