New Court, New Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Court, New Season

Jazmine Jones, Staff

Starting off the new season with a fresh mindset and basketball court, Westmoore boys and girls faced new challenges.

On November 27, Westmoore boys and girls basketball team went up against Edmond Santa Fe in the season opener and the debut of the brand new court. During September the Jag Arena was flooded resulting in the replacement of the entire floor. The new gym floor made its debut at the season opener. All teams struggled to keep up with Edmond Santa Fe and the seasoner openers did not end with wins, but there was good student section support and spirits were up.

“I love playing on the new gym. It’s awesome and a new atmosphere. For our first game, I feel like the team played really well together and I feel like we will show a lot of people up this year,” senior basketball player Kristen M. said.

Losing by only two points, the final score of  59-61. With the students still standing behind the teams, the boys’ basketball started off with a bang. The boys had many different levels of confidence and pressure throughout the game but stayed concentrated. As the team faced setbacks during the game, their excitement never left the court.

“I felt pretty good about playing on the new court. We lost few players, but overall, I’m excited to see what we can do for the rest of the season,” junior basketball player Quinten H. said.

Unfortunately, the boys took a tough loss of 44-64, but both teams made a good showing.