Senior Stress

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Stress

Grace Duvall, Staff

From freshman to senior year there considerable changes. As a freshman are there is time to think about their future, but then in a second, it’s already senior year and all time is gone.

College applications are due, there should be of a future career and things are chaotic. There is ordering cap and gowns, still, make it to football and basketball games, be involved in the student life, and maintain a good GPA for graduation. It’s rough and for many, this is the most stressful year. Some are trying to save for college by working part-time jobs and putting in extra hours on weekends. It’s the year the word “adulting” takes on a whole new meaning. 

It’s the beginning of the end of something beautiful, but just like any great accomplishment, it’s lots of work. Through all the blood, sweat, and tears involved in closing out the senior year, we all can rely on the fact that none of us are doing this alone.

“I enjoy senior year because it’s the end of a challenge and I get to decide how I want to end high school,” senior class president, Rameen Z. said.

The struggle every senior faces is fear for the future is most surely a team struggle and not a solo act.  Just like the song from High School Musical – We are all in this together.