The Speech and Debate Winter Showcase

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Speech and Debate Winter Showcase

Leah Miller, Author

The Westmore high school speech and debate team hosted a showcase on December 18th. The showcase held all of their events and displayed each student’s talents. The students performed for an audience with each of their individual events ranging from humorous, dramatic, and oratory.

It was a fun time for the students, coach, and the audience. It also included interactive characters such as Santa, a hippie, a superhero, a horse girl, and more who sat and interacted with the audience during the show. The Westmore speech and debate team had accomplished two first place trophies at Jenks and Bishop Kelly, and then one 3rd place trophy in Denver for a tournament. The team has been working diligently all season and hopes to end their season with another state championship.

The showcase started off with a monologue from Harper M. and Courtney C. Then, a humorous duet was performed followed by Hunter H. and Rylie D. Next, followed an oratory by Siamyra W. At intermission, the audience got to talk and interact with the characters. After intermission, Jimmy Davidson performed his humorous prose. Then Malachi Cambell and Evan Howell performed their humorous duet. Next Cecelia Allali performed a dramatic interpretation. The show then closed out on an energetic note with Savanna Fuhrig and Jacob Martin’s humorous duet. The audience enjoyed it as well as the kids. In the end, many complimented the team, and their accomplishments.

Superintendent Dr. Romines also came to enjoy the showcase. 

“These kids have a bright future ahead of them.” said Romines.