A Final Farewell

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Final Farewell

Brinley DeCarlo, Editor

Four years of our lives are spent in one place…high school. We spend our time devoted to our clubs or sports, or just our school in general. But on one day in May, it all comes to a close. All of our hard work has finally paid off, and we leave the place we’ve called home for the past four years. We leave all of the people we were so used to seeing in the hallway every day, and we go our separate ways. Some of us go to college and others start their careers.

For me, graduating isn’t a sad thing. Sure I’ll miss my friends that I’ve spent the past four years with, and sure I’ll miss the normalcy of driving the same way to school every day, but the thing I will miss most is this newspaper. Sure it’s not always up to date, and sure it’s not the best, but for me, it’s been my priority for two years now, and it’s always been good enough for me. I’ve loved calling myself an editor and I am going to miss typing up stories and reporting for the school I love. My favorite story I’ve written has to be the very first story I ever wrote about the eclipse. I like looking back on it and seeing how far I have come as a writer.

With this chapter of my life closing, I can’t wait for the next chapter to begin. I want to thank Mrs. Delong for giving me the opportunity to be the editor for this year, and I also want to thank everyone in yearbook/news-magazine for trusting me with the editing of their stories. Lastly, I want to thank everyone who reads this newspaper for keeping it alive. I’m truly blessed to have been given this opportunity and it’s something I will never forget.

Love Always,

Brinley DeCarlo