Not Shy of the Spotlight

Kaedan Herndon, Staff

From pumping iron in the gym to performing under the spotlight in his latest one act junior Peter C. has had many interests. Trying his hand at endless things, such as sports, playing guitar and piano, bodybuilding, and acting. Having the ability to attempt these activities takes a great deal of motivation, with the help of a great supporting cast and family around him, he is able to pursue many paths. “My best friends and my dad play a huge role in my journey,” Peter said.

Growing up, Peter enjoyed being with his family and going to church. While attending church he would listen to the band and his interests for playing instruments soared. In middle school he began playing guitar and piano and has now become the lead guitarist at his church, “Playing for my church allows me to grow closer with God,” Peter said.  Along with music, he has been going to the gym and working out consistently for five years. He pushes himself to work harder each and every day so he can one day provide for his family.

Influence by colorful characters in cartoons and movies made Peter want to pursue acting. “After watching a great movie it builds up my motivation and self-esteem, this mindset motivates me as a person to make a change in this world for the better. I love to help and inspire others around me,” Peter said. He was shy of the spotlight when he first tried acting as a freshman, but now he views at as just being himself and making it a role in this world. Peter participated in the 2018-2019 senior directed one acts, “My favorite roles were silentman, postworker, and a paperclip father,” Peter said.

(Peter pictured left as Paperclip Father)

After school, Peter plans on attending the University of Oklahoma and majoring in business marketing and a minor in fine arts. He is dedicated to be the best person he can be, a sign of optimism and self confidence others would envy him for.