Moore War Assembly: Behind the Scenes

Posters for the junior section of the Moore War assembly cover the ground, featuring WHS's school spirit.

Jada Woolever

Jada Woolever, Staff

Months, to weeks, to days, the countdown to Moore War goes by faster than one would think. Westmoore’s Moore War Assembly is known nationally for being amazing. For example, when WHS Pom went viral (in 2017), their video exploded with thousands of comments, mentioning Westmoore’s enthusiastic school spirit and the amazing decorations and posters in the background. Those “amazing decorations and posters” were only made possible by the class officers and councils who put in hours of planning for months in advance.

The posters came in many different shapes and sizes.

“Some of our biggest posters have been over 22 feet long and took days of work to sketch out and paint,” said Landry Kimzey, Junior Class President.

However the stress doesn’t end there; the night before Moore War, students stayed as late as eleven o’clock at night to tape and hang up all of the monstrous posters.

“You put so much time and effort into these posters, and you get so exhausted. But looking up at the walls filled with your hard work, there is some glory that gives you that little bit of energy left to keep pushing through,” said Ethan Spotts, Senior Class Secretary/Treasurer.

In the end, it’s plain and simple. Westmoore is energetic and full of school spirit, and it shines through the Moore War posters.