Crowd Goes Wild for Talent

Mariyah Alexander, Student Writer

Going crazy for Sarah T.’s amazing vocals. On November 21st selected students performed at the Talent Show. The audience came alive during the performances and the atmosphere sparked with positivity. The audience sang and danced along to Lathon J. and Kate W. who performed “Bop to the Top” from High School Musical.
Being awed by the way Kadon L. and Jonathan K. sang and played the guitar to Justin Bieber’s “10,000 Hours”. Evie L. changed the atmosphere of the room when she sang “My Heart is Buried in Venice” by Ricky Montgomery.
The audience lit up the room whenever Charity B. sang All of Me by “John Legend”, but the crowd’s absolute favorite was Sarah T. singing “At Last” by Etta James. Freshmen Arianna said, “The way she sang the song was so emotional I teared up.”
Performers were given a lot of energy from the audience. They were encouraged to perform their best by the active students in the crowd. Freshman Sydney S. said, ” There was a lot of really loud cheering and a lot of positivity. There was the whole thing with the flashlight on your phone and waving it back and forth.”
During some of the performances students distracting the audience by using the flashlights on their phones to create hand puppets on the wall. After the show students were allowed to vote by adding money to the performers’ bucket for their act. The next day Sarah T. was announced the winner.
The audience created a positive atmosphere for performers and boosted their confidence.
The event was a fundraiser for the senior class which the officers served as the emcees.